Things to Take into Account When Keeping Your Cats Hydrated
1. Drinking fountains for the cats. By way of having cat drinking fountain, you can be certain that your cats are having enough water in their entire day. In addition, the cat drinking fountains will assist in keeping your cats well-hydrated by dint of proving them a source of water that is not only safe to drink but is enticing as well for them to drink on a daily basis. Go online and search on the best cat drinking fountain that you can have for your home and your cats.
2. Cat foods that are wet. In general, the tinned cat food has more moisture compared to the dryer cat biscuit food. And because of this, having more moisture on the canned cat food in the diet of the cats is considered as one of the easiest means to add more moisture in their daily lives. A couple of cats may not want to eat wet cat food, on the other hand, if this is the case, then you can add plain water on the food or just broth. In addition, you can opt to add more water on the food so as to generate a soup-like consistency that a number of cats would really love to.
3. Ice cubes. And there are some cats just similar to humans, would actually prefer having a cold icy water for the most part, during a hot or humid weather. And because of this, by dint of having some ice cubes on the food tray of your cat or just adding a water tray can make your cats more lured on what you are going to offer particularly if you are having a problem of keeping your cats well-hydrated.
4. Tactically placed water. Placing water bowls in various areas in the house is actually a great idea to keep your cats reminded that they need to drink water as well. In addition, you must be cognizant that placing a water near the litter tray of your cat may be the reason why your cat is not drinking as much water as he or she should be. Without a doubt, the cats are also be hygienic animals and for this reason, placing the litter tray next to their drinking tray is just a big no no for the picky cats.
5. Add a couple of flavor. Take into consideration that by means of having a flavor on the drinking water of your cat can make sure that your cat is able to consume more liquid in their usual day.